How do I share a collection?
If you have not already created a collection and added assets to it, please follow the steps in the Managing Collections section first. The following section assumes that you have a collection in place with multiple assets in it.
To share a collection, the user that is initiating the share must have a DMH account and be logged in to it.
Please note: DMH sharing features are permission based and therefore not all accounts will have access to them. For further help and guidance with sharing please contact your Wazee Digital representative via the Helpdesk.
Select a Collection
On the homepage (or any other page), click on your Account Name in the top right hand corner:
- In the drop-down menu, click Collections
Further options for accessing your collections can be seen in the What are Collections? section.
In the Your collections page that opens:
- Locate your desired collection and click the Share collection icon
- If you wish to view the collection before sharing it, click VIEW and you will see the Share collection icon within the collection itself
Share a Collection
In the Collection sharing box that opens:
- Enter the Recipient emails
- Select the Access level:
- Viewer (default) means that the recipient can preview the assets in the collection and download them if granted access. They cannot add, edit or delete assets
- Editor means that the recipient can preview the assets in the collection and download them if granted access. They can also add, edit or delete assets
- Enter Comments (optional)
- Enter a Project name (optional)
- Select Delivery Options (optional). Please note: if no option is selected the recipient will not be presented with download options (not all users will have permissions to provide delivery options to recipients - for further help and guidance with permissions please contact your Wazee Digital representative via the Helpdesk)
- Select Copy me (optional). Select this if you also wish to receive a copy of the email notification
- Click your sharing option:
- SEND SHARE: this option sends an email to the recipient's email address with a link to the collection (once clicked, a smaller Collection sharing box will open displaying the recipients email addresses. Close this box)
- GET URL: this option generates a URL that can be shared with users by pasting it into an email
It is not recommended as preview and download activities cannot be tracked, but an anonymous URL can also be generated by entering a dummy email, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org in the Recipient emails section. This will enable the sender to use the GET URL feature to generate the anonymous URL which can then be distributed to multiple recipients.
View the Collection
- The recipient will receive an email from email@example.com
- Click VIEW COLLECTION
The recipient will be directed to the DMH log in page. Once logged in, they will be directed to the shared collection which has been placed into their collections.
If the GET URL was emailed to the recipient, the collection page will open directly when the link URL is clicked.