How do I sub-clip an asset?
There are two ways to sub-clip an asset:
Sub-clip from the Asset Details Page
From a search results page, click on your chosen asset and the asset details page will open.
- At this point, you can add the whole asset to your active package by clicking ADD TO PACKAGE and following the instructions provided in Add Assets to a Package and Sub-clip from There below
- Alternatively, you can use the video player's IN / OUT markers to sub-clip from this page, which is described below
Sub-clip the Asset
The video player has a number of features to help you sub-clip your asset, including:
- Play and Fast forward: progress along the video's timeline
- STREAM: change the timecode display (when other timecodes are available), e.g. Stream timecode, Source timecode, Seconds, etc.
- Skip back and Skip ahead: navigate along the video's timeline in seconds and frames
- IN / OUT: set your sub-clip's markers
- Play in to out markers: preview your sub-clip
- Clear in and out markers: delete your markers start again
- ADD SUBCLIP TO PACKAGE: submit your sub-clip to your package for download
Once completed, you can now continue to add further sub-clips to your package by using the same features noted above, e.g. select additional IN / OUT markers along the asset's timeline and click ADD SUBCLIP TO PACKAGE.
Add Assets to a Package and Sub-clip from There
- From a search results page, click on the Add to Package icon
- You will notice that the Active Packages icon on the right hand side of the header now displays the asset count in the package. Click the Active Packages icon to start the sub-clipping process noted below
You can add multiple assets to a package using the same method.
Sub-clip the Assets
Once you have clicked the Active Packages icon, the Current package page will open.
- Next to your selected asset, click on the More asset options icon (the 3 vertical dots)
- Click on Add sub-clip markers
A pop up video player will open.
- Select your IN / OUT markers
- Click ADD MARKERS
Repeat this process for all assets in your package.
To amend the IN / OUT markers on your asset(s) then follow the same instructions above. You will now see that the Add sub-clip markers option is replaced by Edit sub-clip markers which will allow you to amend the IN / OUT markers and click UPDATE MARKERS.