How do I add a hyperlink to my publication?
This article describes how a Core user can add a hyperlink (e.g. a website URL) to the description field during the YouTube and Facebook Publish process. The hyperlink can be added through a Core workflow or through the Publish feature. To use the Core workflow feature, please contact your Wazee Digital representative via the Helpdesk.
Add a Hyperlink to the Asset's Description Field Using the Publish Feature
- Click Description: and select the Text option in the drop-down menu
- Type the URL address along with any other information. Please note: the URL can be added at any point in the description. In order to publish onto YouTube as a hyperlink the URL must start with a http:\\ or https:\\.
- Please note: a URL in the Title: will not display as a hyperlink in YouTube
YouTube and Facebook Display Examples
- YouTube Title Example: the URL will display but not as a hyperlink
- YouTube Description Example: the URL is blue and when clicked directs the user to the site in a seperate browser window
- Facebook Example of using http:\\ in the URL
- Facebook Example of not using http:\\ in the URL