How do I discover my content?
The Landing Page
- Once logged into Core, you will be directed to your landing page
- Search by entering your query in the centralised search bar or click Browse to open the default view of your entire content library
Browse your Content
- The default Browse result is the Grid view display option with assets sorted by Sort By: Ingest Date (...). Further display options are covered in the Display Options step below
Note: Assets can be in two basic process states:
- Online Assets: when master assets have been processed and have a low resolution browse proxy rendition available for preview (with a thumbnail displayed)
- Offline Assets: when master asset data-only placeholders are displayed (with no thumbnail). This is used when a customer has a large physical tape archive and does not wish to digitise it all in one go. A data-only placeholder can be displayed in Core to allow the user to search, discover and view all associated metadata with the master asset. When required, the physical tape can be digitised and ingested into Core in line with the data-only placeholder information
Search your Content
- Enter your query into the search bar in the top right hand corner (i.e. Search within my library... which has the same features as the search bar on the landing page and throughout Core). Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the search bar. Note: When a user places their cursor into the search bar area, their 20 previous searches are displayed as suggestions in a drop-down list. The top search term reflects the latest searched and historical searches are denoted by (History) following the search term. If 20 previous searches do not exist, then only the number available will be shown. Equally, the suggested search feature displays options for the user as they type in their search query
- Once search results are returned, search again within these results by typing additional queries into the Search within these results bar and clicking the magnifying glass icon to the right
- Click on Refine Search if required (here, once initial searches are returned, Core scans the results and identifies common keywords from across the whole set. These keywords can then be clicked on to refine your search). Note: the Refine Search feature relies on the assets in your library having appropriate keyword metadata. If you are interested in Wazee Digital providing the tools to enable you to add this metadata then please contact your Wazee Digital representative via the Helpdesk.
Returning to the landing page, you will find the Advanced Search feature in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Advanced Search
- Type in all attributes for your search and click Search at the bottom of the page
Your advanced search results will be displayed in a new window. To save the filters associated with your advanced search:
- Click on the My Search icon
- Name your advanced search
- Click Save Search
- Searching again from (or renaming) current filters can be done below in the Manage Current Filters area
You will now be able to use the same advanced search in the future by selecting it via the My Search icon.
Related Searches from the Asset Details Page
This feature provides the ability to search for related content based on broader terms of keywords as defined inside Core's Thesaurus. The Related Searches panel displays breadcrumbs of all of the broader terms for the keywords of an asset and can be clicked on to expand the search based on that term. This feature is a small part of Wazee Digital's Controlled Vocabulary work that will continue to provide better search experiences for all customers by expanding the ability to define vocabulary that is important to their content.
- Click on an asset to open its asset details page. Once inside, click on Related Searches
- The Related Searches keyword panel will open
- Click on any of the keywords displayed and a new search query will be performed based upon that keyword
The Selection Tools
- Click on the Tools dropdown menu to access a number features such as Select All, Select None, Add Selected to My Downloads and Add Selected to My Active Bin, Assign Assets to... and List Clips (50,000 maximum)
Sort by Options
- Click the Sort By: dropdown menu to sort your assets in a number of ways. The default is Sort by: Ingest Date (...)
- Click Display and the Display Options box will open with options for the Results per page, Speedviews and Result display format
- Click Apply to save your display selections as default
Note: Speedviews, i.e. video thumbnails activated to play by mouse hover-over, can only be turned on if a request has previously been raised to create them during the ingest process. Please contact your Wazee Digital representative via the Helpdesk for further information.
See the following step for more information on Result Display Formats.
Results Display Formats
Within the above mentioned Display Options box there are three Result display formats:
- Grid view: displays assets in a simple grid alignment with a large thumbnail and basic text. Icons under the thumbnail (from left to right) include Edit Metadata, Asset Info, Add to (X) Bin and a More Tools link which leads to further select and download based features (see the Downloading Assets and Managing Bins sections.)
- Text view: displays assets in a simple list alignment with space to display more text. All icons noted above are fully displayed here (i.e. without the need for a More Tools link)
- List view: displays assets in relation to your account’s pre-defined content hierarchy which is set up by your Wazee Digital representative. Click the View related assets bar under the thumbnail to display all associated Children levels / assets in a scrollable and selectable list
- List View (continued...): click on any thumbnail in the Rank column to open this asset’s details page
The List View from an Asset Details Page
- In the asset details page, click on Related Assets
- The Related Assets box will open with a scrollable and selectable list of all related assets within the Parent hierarchy
- Click on any asset in the list to open it's asset details page
Note: Remember to change the Result display format back to Grid view or Text view in the Change your display options box to return to a standard view of all your library assets.